Breakfast idea: Banana pancakes with homemade apricot compote!
For the Apricot compote
- Peel and cut into small cubes one 1kg of fresh apricots*.
- Place in a pot and cover with lukewarm water (not too much, just enough to cover the fruit).
- Bring to a boil then simmer for about 5-10 mins; until the fruit is soft.
- Add a little bit of vanilla essence, mix and leave it to cool down.
- You may blend it if you wish a softer texture.
*You may use peaches or nectarines as a substitute, or a combination of all of them.
For the Banana pancakes
- Blend or mash until smooth: 2 ripe bananas, 2 eggs and a cup of milk (dairy or soya). The airier the mix, the lighter the pancake.
- Slowly, add a cup full of flour and mix gently until you obtain the thickness you desire for the mix.
- Fry them on a medium heat pan (not too hot, or they will burn!), using either butter or olive oil, until golden brown.
Enjoy the banana pancakes with the apricot compote, some fresh sliced fruit and a little bit of honey!
About Yüme Kitchen
Yüme promotes healthy eating with home-cooked, nutritionally balanced fresh meals, cooked by our qualified chef in our onsite ‘Yüme Kitchen’.
We understand that children’s food preferences and eating habits are formed early in life so have created a nutritional plan that best supports a child’s growth and lifelong healthy eating habits.
We encourage children to make healthy choices and include ‘Food and Growth’ as part of their learning journey ensuring children experience foods from different cultures and countries. To further establish a healthy relationship with food we encourage opportunities for children to be independent and social during mealtimes.
Our Menus are planned in 6-week cycles allowing for variation in foods that include different tastes, textures, colours and seasonal foods, purchased from local markets.
Food Preferences & Special Requirements
Yüme Kitchen meets the dietary needs of all children, including weaning, food intolerances, food allergies and preferences, including cultural or religious requirements.
We respect preferred choice and endeavour to support families that choose alternative meals and foods for their children. For our vegetarian children, we will provide a vegetarian alternative to all meals and snacks. Equally, if you have a preferred choice due to religious beliefs, we will provide an alternative, making this as similar to the original meal as possible.
We operate a ‘No Nut’ Policy and request that this is always respected.
If you would like to know more about our Yüme Kitchen, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org